This year we are excited to welcome Marco Timpano to After Hours.
Marco is an award-winning actor, writer, comedian and, most importantly, a huge fan of libraries. He also hosts and produces the highly successful podcasts “The Insomnia Project”, “Every Place Is the Same” (a comedic look at travel) and “Eat & Drink”.
To learn more, visit Marco’s official website.
This year we are thrilled to announce a special “Canada 150 edition” of After Hours @ The Library fundraiser. We have invited 3 beloved Canadian writers to attend our fundraiser for an evening of conversation, food, drink and prizes, where attendees can get “up close and personal” with their favourite authors.
- Brenda Halloran, former Mayor of Waterloo and Chair of the Board of Startup Canada
- Erin Bow, award-winning Young Adult novelist
- Saj Jamal, VP Marketing & Product Development, Communitech
- John Neufeld, Executive Director, House of Friendship
- Meaghan Coneybeare, Youth Advocate
- Lisa Grogan, Entrepreneur/Philanthropist
- Tasneem Jamal, Journalist and Author of “Where the Air is Sweet”
- Richard Hepditch, Fire Chief, Waterloo Fire Rescue
- Terry Salmond, Executive Chef and former Top Chef Canada finalist
- Laura Archibald, Director and Filmmaker
- Mike Kirkup, Director, Velocity @ U of W
- Syd “The Jewel” Vanderpool, former World Super Middleweight Champion
- Carrie Snyder, Governor General’s Award-nominated author
- Jennifer Moss, co-founder of the Smile Epidemic and Plasticity Labs